WJM Designs December 1998 – Present Woodstock, Georgia.
Owner/Designer of residential and commercial design service providing design, consulting and permit/construction drawings.
- Designed over 80 restaurants across the Southeast.
- Provided design and permit drawings for Medical offices, Tanning Salons, Grocery Stores, Butchers,
- Created Construction and Design Manuals for Beef ‘O’ Brady’s and Stevi B’s Pizza
- Provided Construction Administration and Permitting services
- Streamlined drafting production: Owner approved preliminary drawings to final construction drawings, average, 4 days.
- Residential capabilities: Custom home, remodeling, basements, additions and decks.
- Contract Drafting: Civil, structural, environmental.
CEI Engineering Associates, Inc (Civil Engineering) Marietta, Georgia.
- Project Engineer, responsible for the design and drafting of Civil projects.
- Site Design for Hotels (Extended Stay America), retail projects (Wal-Mart) and jet fuel systems
- Other duties: site feasibility studies, site design and layout, grading, storm drainage, utilities and paving.
- Quantity take off, estimating and construction observation.
Stanley D. Lindsey and Associates, Structural Engineers Atlanta, Georgia.
- Developed structural plans and sections from architectural drawings and coordination with other disciplines.
- Preliminary and final structural design of low rise steel, wood, and masonry structures including wind and seismic design.
- Construction Administration: Reviewed shop drawings, performed field observations, and solved construction problems related to the structural portion of buildings.
- Produced program User Manuals and Documentation using MS Word, General Electric Information Services, Melbourne, Australia.
- Designer, estimator, and project manager for general construction work. Involved with all aspects of the design and construction process including dealing with clients, sub-contractors and consultants. Walter Knestrick Contractor, Inc. Nashville, Tennessee
- Prepared Civil Engineering Drawings for wastewater treatment facilities, sewer systems and bridges. White Taylor Walker Inc., Brentwood Tennessee
- Participated in historical renovation Projects. Purvis and Associates, Architects, Franklin, Tennessee
The University of Melbourne Melbourne, Australia
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, (Pass, Fail, Honors system)
Nashville State Technical Institute Nashville, Tennessee.
Associate of Engineering in Architecture. Graduated with Highest Honors. (GPA 3.857)
Graduate Member, The Institution of Engineers Australia
Student Member, The Institution of Engineers Australia
Member of Gamma Beta Phi, National Honor Society
Member of Vocational Industrial Clubs of America (VICA)
Texas VICA Skill Olympics
District: 1st Place Drawing; State: 3rd Place Drawing
District: 1st Place Drawing; State: 3rd Speed/Skills
State: 1st Place Drawing, 1st place Technical Knowledge
Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Intergraph Microstation, AutoCad, Hydraflow Hydrographs. Hydraflow Storm Sewers, RetainPro 5.0, and Windows. Developed Windows based applications using MS Access. Quickly adaptable to all new software programs.